Friday, July 2, 2010

A New Beginning. . . kind of

Here it is, my first post on my new blog. . . a new beginning. Kind of significant at this point in my life. A couple of months ago my children and I moved "home". Being here by family has been wonderful for me and my kids.

This is a sad time, but also a time for improvement or change or growth, I guess.
Anytime a family is separated it is tough even if it needed to happen that way. . . it is still sad.

So this is our new life. . . I am now a working mom and my kids go to day care during the summer. This is not a place I ever thought I would be. . . not a place I ever WANTED to be. But it is what it is and my options are to either get down about it or strive to make the best of this situation. I choose the latter. . . It is not in my nature to get down and depressed, though I've been that way in the recent past it is back to the normal Emily. . . I am a happy person who loves to make others laugh. I am silly but smart, tough but sensitive. . . etc.

My children are doing well. . . They are learning to be more obedient and cooperative. They have been doing so much better at getting their chores done daily, which is a wonderful development. They have several friends in the neighborhood and when they entered school at the end of the school year they developed friendships almost immediately. They have adjusted well to this new life of ours. They miss their dad though and look forward to the times when they can see him.

Sarah has started taking a dance class and she is a super duper dancer. She has an excellent memory and has taken to dancing rather quickly. Isaac and Jeremiah just love feeling free, which can be a bit of a problem and I'm trying to train them to get permission before going outside to play. David and Adam enjoy riding their bikes, when the tires aren't flat of course, around the neighborhood and to the volcano where they like to explore. The other day David came home from the volcano with a gigantic chain wrapped around his body. Instantly, the picture of Jacob Morely from Dicken's Christmas Carol came to my mind and I was curious how David could move around with such a heavy burden to carry.
I suppose that is what many of us have. . . heavy burdens to carry. But when we go about things the right way, the burdens can seem more manageable. . .

I know that if I continue to rely upon my Heavenly Father and his guidance I will be able to keep my little (or big really since I do have 5 children :) family happy and healthy. I know that he will help lighten my happy but heavy load that is called single parenthood.

4 comments:

  1. Blogging is a great way to think out loud. I'm glad that things are coming together for you piece by piece, and they will continue to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Emily! I wondered what had happened. I am so thrilled that you have found peace. And you are such a great Mom, you will make everything turn out okay. I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete